Setting up your employees:
In most companies, your employees are set up as either Owners, Managers or Mechanics.
- Owners can reach any part of the program and view anything, make changes, add or delete employees, etc..
- Managers have limited access and can start, view, search and print inspections. They can also admin the mechanics and have access to to reports and some setup options.
- Mechanics have limited access depending on their settings.
So, the first step is to add all of your employees that will use the system, you will need their names and either a personal email address, a username, or a cell phone number. Don't make up a shop email address for them, as the system will attempt to authorize the new account with the fake email address. Instead, use a username or their cell number, A simple password is fine, just a few letters and numbers like "123abc" is perfect. As you set each employee up, an email with their login info will be sent to them with their temporary password if you chose to use their email address. They will be given the opportunity to change their password. The system will never send anything from your employees and the email address is only used for login purposes and for communication with us during technical support. Customers will never see the email address. Do not use a shop address (like "email@example.com") unless it is one they already use on a regular basis and check often.
- Click on the "Settings" in the menu bar at the top of the screen, then select "Shop Users".
- Once the page opens, click the "Add" for the type of person you are adding:
- This will open up the edit window where you will need to put in their email address, name and a temporary password.
- There are several options for Managers & Mechanics, we suggest checking the top three:
- "Can access other employees information"
This allows a manager to access the technicians and make changes to their accounts. Like passwords and to disable them from logging in.
- "Can add findings and recommendations"
This option allows an employee to add findings and recommendations into you system while performing an inspection. If you have been on the system for a while, or when you hire a new employee, we recommend leaving this unchecked as you will end up with too many options for findings and recommendations, making the program harder to use.
- "Can make changes to inspections"
This allows a manager the ability to edit your templates or create new ones.
- "Set tablet view as default"
Use this option if your employee prefers a checklist with larger type and buttons that are more "finger friendly"
- When adding mechanics, there is another option "Can view all inspections"
If you have a very busy shop doing over 10-15 cars per day, this may be helpful in that it only shows employees the inspections that have been assigned to them if left unchecked.